Written by Louise Knoop O'Neill.
Pilates is without a doubt the most effective and FUNctional way to restore a foundation for all kinds of movement.
As a child of dance, a lover of movement, a try-to-be Yogi, a Primal sprinter, a HIIT initiator and strength training princess, I can confidently say that a), I could do none of the above without Pilates and/or b), Pilates makes me able to attempt all of the above with confidence and safety.
As a movement educator trained in dance, pilates, personal training, primal strength, sprints and play, there is no better way to offer bodies the freedom of movement they crave than to make Pilates the #1 stop.
- Breathing releases superficial muscle tension, restoring natural alignment.
- Pilates movements access, nurture and encourage full joint range of movement.
- Spinal articulation brings the innate power and agility of the spine alive.
- Stability is taught with mobility so that every movement has freedom coupled with security - where on earth can we buy more of that!?
- Pilates gifts you your centre.
- Pilates is a place to allow mind and body to find their natural conversation, pacing co-ordination, flow and stamina.
My point, caller, is:
- Do your time.
- Take your car into the Pilates Mechanic.
- Swallow your Pilates Vitamins.
- Enjoy the ride.
- Participate in the process.
So that you can:
- Progress your Pilates to the awesome, superhero Pilates stuff.
- Attempt a HIIT session without popping a gasket.
- Appreciate Yoga & co, knowing what your body can & can't do.
- Have the mobility/stability ratio to run, jump or kick healthily.
- Do that dance/karate/sporty spice session that makes you feel like a teenager again.
- Enjoy your sport, pain free.
- Be body bold enough to revel in a Prime Movement Pro Practice - cartwheels an' all!